In response to inquiries by anxious members of the Public regarding the endorsement of Candidate Peter Obi for the 2023 Presidential Election by the South and Middle-Belt Leadership Forum (SMBLF), the NINAS Secretariat wishes to clarify as follows:
(1) The Leaders of the SMBLF who were listed as Signatories to the NINAS Constitutional Force Majeure (CFM) Proclamation of December 16, 2020, were not originally adherents, members, or officers of NINAS.
They were only invited to be listed as Signatories to the CFM Proclamation in their capacity as Leaders, Presiding, and Principal Officers of their various Regional Socio-Cultural Organizations, particularly Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, and the Middle-Belt Forum at the time of the Activation of the CFM in December 2020.
(2) The Strategic Objective of NINAS in getting these Regional Thought-Leaders and Officers of Socio-Cultural Groups to be listed as Signatories to the CFM is to demonstrate to the various Nationalities that their known Thought-Leaders were fully Consulted and that the NINAS Propositions were fully discussed with them before the Public Activation of the CFM last December 16, 2020.
(3) That the Strategic Objective of NINAS was completely achieved because as we came public in December 2020, the Nationalities embraced the Force Majeure Proclamation and its Propositions with visible enthusiasm while the NINAS Machinery quietly continued its Implementation Tasks.
(4) Even as some of these Regional Leaders may now have drifted towards the partisan fray by publicly endorsing a Presidential Candidate in the 2023 Election, NINAS is happy to report that the Indigenous Nationalities of Nigeria who the Regional Socio-Cultural Organizations ostensibly speak for, remain solidly committed to the Objectives, Propositions, and Prescriptions of the NINAS Constitutional Force Majeure, just as NINAS remains focused on its mission, pressing relentlessly towards its Self-Determination Goal and since Self-Determination is a Peoples’ Right, no Thought-Leader or Principal Officer of the aforementioned Socio-Cultural Organizations will sequester or will mortgage that Right as the choice of the Peoples will in the days ahead, be ascertained by Referendums, whatever happens with the 2023 Elections.
(6) As Politicians juggle their options for the next Election, Statesmen will continue to focus on the fate of the next generation.
The NINAS Alert Series Broadcast titled: ”Our Sovereignty Will Not Be Traded For Power: Riot Act to Southern and Middle-Belt Political Merchants”.
Video above shall provide some insight into the reasoning of NINAS on the subject.